Welcome to the team!
Anyone can sign in, set a goal and start fundraising in support of the charitable mission of the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo!
You can tell your story, spread the word, accept contributions online, and track your progress as you prepare for the challenge of the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo!
First, LOGIN to BishopFoundation.org. Once you’re loged in, return to this page.Then, Create Your Own Fundraising Page Thank you for joining us in support of these incredible and effective initiatives and organizations!
Before you begin:
- Some notes about the phrasing used: In the process of setting up your fundraising page you will be asked to name your “campaign.” A campaign is your individual fundraising effort. The “cause” is the greater charitable mission of the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo.
- When setting up your fundraising page, choose your “Campaign Title” and “URL” carefully. Once created, these fields can be changed BUT doing so opens up the possibility for confusion and added difficulty in tracking donations to their fundraiser or origin. If you want to play around with the site’s functions with a “test” page, feel free to do so then delete the campaign and start fresh. * IF YOU WERE A FUNDRAISER IN 2012, YOUR CAMPAIGN TITLE (YOUR NAME) MIGHT ALREADY BE TAKEN. IF YOU RECEIVE THIS ERROR MESSAGE, CONSIDER ADDING “2013 to YOUR CAMPAIGN TITLE.”
- To make your fundraising page searchable within BishopFoundation.org, include your first and last name in the Campaign Title and your Personal Fundraising Story.
- Your progress meter will automatically update when your fundraising campaign receives an online donation. If a contributor wants to write a check toward your goal, they should be written to Bishop Family Charitable Foundation with YOUR NAME in the MEMO section and mailed to P.O. Box 868, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22803. These contributions will be updated to your progress bar as they are received.
- A few functions have not been enabled as of 5/8/13: Avatars are not installed into the system yet; and e-mail updates to fundraisers upon receipt of a donation have yet to be activated. Both are in the works.
Q: If someone contributes to my fundraising campaign, will they be recognized on the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo Supporters List?
A: YES! All contributions of $25 or more will be included in the appropriate category in the Supporters List, unless the contribution is given anonymously.
Q: If a business supports my campaign with a contribution, will they be recognized?
A: Yes. All contributions of $25 or more received by individual fundraising campaigns will be recognized in the Supporters List, including business contributions. Businesses interested in “sponsoring” the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo to receive marketing benefits can send inquiries to Contact@AlpineLoopGranFondo.com
Q: Are contributions to my fundraising campaign tax deductible?
A: The Bishop Family Charitable Foundation, Inc. is presently pending IRS approval of Form 1023: Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. In the meantime, and in accordance with the Bishop Family Charitable Foundation, Inc. Articles of Incorporation,” the corporation is organized and, at all times, shall be operated, exclusively for charitable, educational and/or scientific purposes within the meaning of 26 U.S.C. SS 501c3, as amended.” Upon approval of exemption status, all contributions made during the 2013 year would be tax deductible.
Q: Can I direct where my fundraising efforts will go within the greater mission of the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo charitable giving program?
A: In the spirit of the charitable mission of the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo and the Bishop Family Charitable Foundation, each of the benefiting charitable causes is important. The Board of Directors works closely with the intended beneficiaries to identify projects and needs that can be met with fundraising efforts, and sets fundraising goals for each organization or initiative accordingly. That said, there are reasons why an individual might feel overwhelmingly moved to focus his or her fundraising efforts on an single issue. In order to minimize the managerial tasks associated with earmarking every dollar within the greater charitable mission, fundraisers who would like to do so are asked to: 1) commit to a goal of at least $500, and 2) e-mail Fundraising@BishopFoundation.org upon creating their individual fundraising page to make sure their funds will be appropriately directed.
Still have a question, concern or way to make this program even better?
As we are developing the fundraising program and web tools, your feedback is valued!
Please e-mail Contact@AlpineLoopGranFondo.com